Lowell Observatory Placed 1st on Travel Lemming’s List of 150 Best Things to Do in the USA This Summer
“Within the first-ever International Dark Sky City, you’ll find one of the country’s most prolific astronomical research centers. Lowell Observatory is known as the “Home of Pluto,” and has a 130-year heritage of sharing its discoveries with the public. Here, you can witness far-off nebulae, learn the Greek mythology of constellations, and be inspired by the wonders of the universe. Visit during a celestial event, such as a meteor shower or lunar eclipse, for an even more memorable experience.”Abigail N., Travel Lemming Editor | ‘150 Best Things to Do in the USA This Summer’
Lowell Observatory is proud to be featured in Travel Lemming’s listicle 150 Best Things to Do in the US This Summer, a collaborative effort of their team of 24 travel writers. This comprehensive list of must-see’s features iconic attractions like the Space Needle in Seattle and Santa Monica Pier in Los Angeles, and forays into the obscure with hidden gems like Meow Wolf, a mind-bending interactive art experience with three unique locations, and the Museum of Death in New Orleans, a collection of morbid artifacts from fatal crimes and serial killings throughout history. The list can be filtered based on location and category, allowing you to tailor it to your travel preferences and interests.
The list is presented in no particular order or ranking, but we here at Lowell are still ecstatic to be featured at the very top! We hope that those seeking unique thrills and unforgettable experiences this summer will consider adding Mars Hill to their itinerary. We give our sincerest thanks to Travel Lemming for their gracious recommendation of Lowell Observatory.
Check Out More Lowell News:
- I Heart Pluto 2024 | Night of Discovery EventI Heart Pluto 2024 | Night of Discovery Event Doors @ 6pm | Show @ 7pm On the… Read more: I Heart Pluto 2024 | Night of Discovery Event
- [PRESS RELEASE] Diana Gabaldon To Headline Lowell Observatory’s 2024 I Heart Pluto FestivalLowell Observatory is pleased to announce Diana Gabaldon as the keynote speaker for the 2024 I Heart Pluto… Read more: [PRESS RELEASE] Diana Gabaldon To Headline Lowell Observatory’s 2024 I Heart Pluto Festival
- Celestial Alert: Geminid Meteor Shower Peaks December 14[December 07, 2023] The Geminid Meteor Shower peaks on the night of December 13th and into the morning… Read more: Celestial Alert: Geminid Meteor Shower Peaks December 14
- Press Release: LOWELL OBSERVATORY & GRAND CANYON CONSERVANCY PARTNER IN LIVESTREAM EVENTNovember 2, 2023 LOWELL OBSERVATORY AND GRAND CANYON CONSERVANCY PARTNER IN LIVESTREAM EVENT: NATIVE CONSTELLATION STORYTELLING FOR WINTER… Read more: Press Release: LOWELL OBSERVATORY & GRAND CANYON CONSERVANCY PARTNER IN LIVESTREAM EVENT
- Celestial Alert: Jupiter at OppositionCELESTIAL ALERT October 25, 2023 JUPITER AT OPPOSITION [OCTOBER 25, 2023] On November 2, Jupiter will be… Read more: Celestial Alert: Jupiter at Opposition