Lowell Observatory Placed 1st on Travel Lemming’s List of 150 Best Things to Do in the USA This Summer
“Within the first-ever International Dark Sky City, you’ll find one of the country’s most prolific astronomical research centers. Lowell Observatory is known as the “Home of Pluto,” and has a 130-year heritage of sharing its discoveries with the public. Here, you can witness far-off nebulae, learn the Greek mythology of constellations, and be inspired by the wonders of the universe. Visit during a celestial event, such as a meteor shower or lunar eclipse, for an even more memorable experience.”Abigail N., Travel Lemming Editor | ‘150 Best Things to Do in the USA This Summer’
Lowell Observatory is proud to be featured in Travel Lemming’s listicle 150 Best Things to Do in the US This Summer, a collaborative effort of their team of 24 travel writers. This comprehensive list of must-see’s features iconic attractions like the Space Needle in Seattle and Santa Monica Pier in Los Angeles, and forays into the obscure with hidden gems like Meow Wolf, a mind-bending interactive art experience with three unique locations, and the Museum of Death in New Orleans, a collection of morbid artifacts from fatal crimes and serial killings throughout history. The list can be filtered based on location and category, allowing you to tailor it to your travel preferences and interests.
The list is presented in no particular order or ranking, but we here at Lowell are still ecstatic to be featured at the very top! We hope that those seeking unique thrills and unforgettable experiences this summer will consider adding Mars Hill to their itinerary. We give our sincerest thanks to Travel Lemming for their gracious recommendation of Lowell Observatory.
Check Out More Lowell News:
- Meet the GODO Telescopes: Starstructure 32” DobsonianWritten in collaboration with Claire Gibson, Lowell Educator Each of the Giovale Open Deck Observatory (GODO)’s six state-of-the-art […]
- ‘Star Stuff: A Space Poddity’ Ranked Among Top Astronomy PodcastsSince Star Stuff’s humble beginnings in January of 2022, it’s become a standout among astronomy podcasts — all […]
- Itinerary For a Perfect Day at Lowell ObservatorySo, you’d like to visit the observatory, but you’re not sure of the best way to budget your […]
- Meet the GODO Telescopes: 8” Moonraker Victorian RefractorWritten in collaboration with Claire Gibson & Hailey Osborn, Lowell Educators Each of the Giovale Open Deck Observatory […]
- Mars Hill Quick Report: October 24 – 30Welcome back to the Mars Hill Quick Report, a bite-sized weekly news update from Lowell Observatory! Each week, we’ll […]