Director’s Opportunity Network
Make the Unexpected Possible
The Director’s Opportunity Network (DON) is an opportunity fund that gives Director Jeff Hall the flexibility to invest in new ideas, programs or opportunities that enhance astronomical exploration, education or outreach at Lowell Observatory. Funds are often used for unbudgeted opportunities that arise and require near-term action.
DON Member Benefits
Contribution Level: $10,000 per year
- Annual meeting with the Director to discuss the current opportunities and challenges facing Lowell Observatory
- Networking dinner to meet other DON members and hear from the observatory’s astronomers and staff how DON funds have been invested
- Tours of Lowell Observatory’s research facilities and telescopes
- Exclusive opportunities to travel (at your own expense) to other observatories around the world
Director's Tour 2022
- Day 1 | Arrival to the Canary Islands
- Day 2 | La Palma: 10.4m Gran Telescopio Canarias/Wine Tasting/Nature Center La Rosa
- Day 3 | Tenerife: Teide Observatory
- Day 4 | Madrid
- Day 5 | Madrid: Plaza Mayor
- Day 6 | Toulouse: Airbus Discovery Tour
- Day 7 | French Pyrenees: Pic du Midi
- Day 8 | Transfer to Nice
- Day 9 | Nice
- Day 10 | Departure
Programs to SupportDonate Now
Science Education and Public Outreach
Help inspire the next generation of scientists!
Make a gift that stands the test of time.
Give your gift to the area of greatest immediate need.