Lowell Observatory Camps for Kids (LOCKs)
Ignite a child’s love of science
Lowell Observatory’s mission is to conduct astronomical research and share it with the public, which makes it the perfect place to excite children about science. In 2012, Lowell educators developed the Lowell Observatory Camps for Kids (LOCKs) to inspire awe and wonder in the next generation.
Every year, LOCKs camps provide high-quality STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) learning opportunities to approximately 200 children between the ages of 3 and 15. Our staff of professional educators offer curriculum for three different age groups:
- Preschool camp (ages 3-5) – one Saturday a month year-round
- Elementary School camp (ages 6-11) – week-long sessions in June and July
- Middle School camp (ages 12-14) – week-long sessions in June and July
How to Give
The fastest and most secure way to give your LOCKs gift is right here through our website. Use the form below to give a one-time gift or one that recurs monthly, quarterly or yearly.
You can also mail a check payable to Lowell Observatory. Please include the completed donation form with your gift.Give Online
Camp scholarships allow children from low-income families to participate in this one-of-a-kind experience. Every summer, we receive approximately 80 scholarship applications.
- Preschool camp (one Saturday a month): $25 per session
- Elementary School camp (week-long session): $250 per child
- Middle School camp (week-long session): $250 per child
Lowell educators also offer LOCKs STEM activities at the Flagstaff Family Food Center twice a month. This partnership allows low-income families to participate at no cost.
- Flagstaff Family Food Center: $100 per session
Programs to SupportDonate Now
Science Education and Public Outreach
Help inspire the next generation of scientists!
Make a gift that stands the test of time.
Give your gift to the area of greatest immediate need.